Monday, July 16, 2012

Blog Award!

IT'S AN HONOR JUST TO BE NOMINATED!

After starting this blog only a couple of months ago, I am thrilled to announce that I have been nominated for a Leibster Award! This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweet, kind, lovely, endearing, and welcome.

How it works:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer questions that the tagger sets for you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers that you tag.
  • Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post
  • Go to their page and tell them
  • No tag backs :) 
  • And lastly, have fun!!

11 Things about me:
1. I love my name, Sarah.
2. I am married to my best friend for 10 years, this Friday, July 20, '12
3. I have 3 boys who have far more energy than I do
4. I love animals - cats and dogs, but we only have a dog
5. I went to Belmont University and LOVED it
6. I L.O.V.E. tea like you would not believe!
7. I enjoy doing a thousand different things to create, but have not nearly enough time or money to devote to any of them whole-heartedly
8. I love getting to know new people and making new friends
9. I have ambitions to write a book on raising a son with autism from the Christian perspective to marry ABA therapy and Biblical instruction together
10. I have had a couple successful home businesses including a homemade cookie business and selling my own handbags
11. I make the world's BEST chocolate chip cookies. Just sayin'.
 
Questions from my nominator:


1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would love to visit Italy. I have no family ties there or anything; it just looks like a beautiful place! Considering my new love for photography, I can only imagine the thousands of great shots to be had. I would also love to go back to Kenya, Africa where I went on a mission trip a couple of months ago with my husband and team of 11 others. Such a beautiful country!

2. Who is your best friend in the world and how did you meet him/her?
My best friend is my husband, Kyle. We met in college at Belmont University in 1998. We kept discovering random things we had in common with each other and our senior year, he proposed to me on campus in one of the beautiful historic gazebos. We celebrate our 10th anniversary of marriage together this Friday. He took me back to Nashville and treated me a bouquet of flowers from the same flower shop where he bought my bouquet the night he proposed, took me to The Melting Pot (the restaurant he took me to the night he proposed) and we took some pics in our gazebo. He's still my best friend and I love him!
 
3. Did you have a childhood hero, and if so, who was it?
I honestly cannot think of a childhood hero I had. I suppose though that I wanted to be like my mom, and I am! I wore her wedding dress at my wedding, my childhood dream. I am a wife and a mom, just like her.

4. What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic or not)?
TEA! I love tea. Black tea. I like iced tea, but my absolute FAVORITE is hot Earl Grey tea with three teaspoons of sugar and a little bit of milk. When we went to London (on a long layover on our way to Kenya), Kyle and I went to the Park Lane Hotel for afternoon tea. It was AMAZING!

5. If you could have a vacation home in a destination of your choice, where would it be?
Martha's Vineyard

6. What is your dream job?
I'm living it! Stay at home mom raising my kids. But if I were to get paid for something outside the home, it would be creating events and decorating for parties (on someone else's dime of course! but paid for my work in putting it all together). Our church had a ladies tea around Mother's Day, and I had a vision for what I wanted and pulled it all together. We had a Mad Hatter Tea Party table, a Breakfast at Tiffany's Diva table, and an Old-Fashioned Victorian table. A couple shots of each:








7. What is your greatest goal in life?
That's a doozie. To make an impact on everyone in my life and others beyond my direct sphere of influence to reach them for Christ. I want to make a difference in the world for the glory of God and the furtherance of His kingdom.

8. What is your idea of the perfect date?
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to get all gussied up and go out on the arm of my beau to a fancy shmancy restaurant and dancing; other times, it's walking around and happening upon an ice cream or sweets place and laughing and talking until we're too tired to stay awake anymore.

9. If you could buy anything (just one thing though), what would it be?
A cure for my son's autism.

10. Would you rather be able to sing or dance if you could only do one really well?
Sing.

11. What color do you wear to make yourself feel better?
Interesting question... I have lots of blues and salmon colors and some turquoises.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I enjoyed learning so much about you! Don't forget to nominate some other great bloggers for the award to keep it going. That tea party looks fantastic...you've definitely got the talent! The date sounds dreamy too. Yes, I do wish no child had to suffer with any physical or mental ailments, but even if man has no cure, we know a God who is able! Keep believing and loving that little boy to draw him out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to write. How exactly does this award work? Who chooses the winner? When are they announced?

      Delete
    2. I just saw this, Sarah! There is not an official "award." I think the award is just knowing that someone out there is reading and appreciating what you write...and giving you the opportunity to pass on that "award" to others. It is just for fun really, but I enjoyed using it to get to know more blogs I have enjoyed reading lately! Keep up the writing and sojourning!

      Delete
  2. loved reading all your answers! =)

    ReplyDelete