Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blog Button with Grab Box Tutorial That WORKS!!!

After MUCH time researching and trying out various blog button WITH grab box tutorials, I FINALLY came across one that worked, so I wanted to share it with you!

The winning tutorial comes from Rebekah at her Just for Daisy blog, http://justfordaisy.blogspot.com/. Rather than copying what she already did and re-writing it, I'm just going to send you to her awesome Blog Button WITH Grab BoxTutorial.

She also does a great job explaining how to create the image for your button first. You can use whatever photo editing program you like - Photobucket, Fotoflexer, or my newest discovery that I used (same platform as the now closed Picnik), Ribbet. Tons of options, and I especially liked all the available fonts to use!

How I created my blog button image:

First, I wanted a puzzle piece background for my autism blog, so I did a Google image search and found this:



I wanted to include a cross and of course, my blog name. Using borders, stickers and text, this is my finished product:






When I was finished creating the image, I saved it and uploaded it to my Photobucket album, then opened it for editing. I resized it to a pre-determined square size of 120x120 (I think that's what it was). It HAS to be square; the most common size is 125x125.

After resizing and saving, go ahead and keep the page open in one tab and open up the tutorial by Just for Daisy in another window. I also recommend opening up a blank Word document so you can work on your code before copying and pasting to your blog html.

Now that I finished one blog button with a grab box for my other blog, I can start working on my Fanciful Sojourns blog button!

Off you go now - happy button making!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks Sarah - so glad it was helpful to you. I had so much trouble finding a good tutorial when I made mine too! That's why I thought I'd research HTML a little bit further and make my own tutorial! :) Glad it was a help to you and helped me find your lovely little blog! x

    ReplyDelete