Monday, July 9, 2012

Not So Fanciful Sojourn

Our family of 6, two adults, three kids and a dog, are on our way to Indiana for a two week vacation with family. I am playing on my phone scoping out all Google Play apps and found a good app called pixlr-o-matic. I guess it's like the droid version of Instagram.

I saw that Instagram is available on droid now, but apparently not ALL phones. It loaded onto our android tablet but not my android phone. Anyway, pixlr seems to be a good way to edit photos and make them all cool and whatnot. This is my first mobile blogging experience, so I don't quite know how the pic will show up. I didn't pixlr it since I took the pic from blogger. But this is my 8yr old, Ben, showing off his brother's kid's meal toy from lunch at Wendy's.

I'm excited to see Kyle's parents and brothers again. We just saw his parents when we returned from Africa since they had kid duty our second week of the trip, but I love our family so I'm looking forward to spending good quality time with them. They're taking off from work a few random days to do fun things with us, like going to Holiday World.

Tomorrow, I get to see a new long-distance friend I met once in person. We both have a child with autism. Both are the middle child. She has 3 girls and I have 3 boys. We're taking them to a nice indoor playground tomorrow and the kids will meet for the first time. It will be the first time since preschool that Sam meets someone else his age with autism. I think and hope it will be good for him to see he's not the only one.

Kyle's mom's birthday was yesterday so we're having a bday dinner with her tonight. Yay! We have about 5 1/2 hours left. Everyone is still alive... for now. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment